Yea, this is me at my Top Weight and how I look now. All it took was Whole Food Plant Based eating to get my act together. Never boring eating WFPB! Never boring getting my health together this way.
I know I thought I had burned all the photos of me at my top weight. Came across it as I sorted through family photos to make copies of to send to a relative who had requested them.
So since I just took photos this week of myself now, I thought it would make a great lead in for the next recipe I wish to share. Take a gander at the difference and then look at the photo below of this luscious recipe for Cinnamon-Ginger Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash. Step by step recipe is below photo. It’s amazing that eating so well can help so much.
So Simple, So Healthy, So Unbelievably Delicious. One good size Acorn squash equals 4 servings.
Recipe for Cinnamon-Ginger Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
Preheat Oven for 375 degrees
I am unable to stand for long or cut and chop things easily so I purchase pre-sliced apples.
1 bag pre-sliced apples with or without peelings on.
1 nice sized acorn squash.
To taste and optional:
Cinnamon, Ginger, Stevia powder (or sweetener of your choice), walnuts or pecans, dried cranberries or raisons. A dab of Miyoko’s Vegan Butter (beware that fats are considered bad for your blood vessel walls).
- Take an acorn squash and cut it in half. removing all the strings and seeds in the middle.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, stevia, and ginger to taste on the squash halves. Bake for 40 minutes on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet or shallow baking pan.
- While baking the squash for the first time, in a skillet sauté in water unsweetened apple slices, in water, cinnamon, stevia and ginger until apples are half cooked. (you can also include walnuts or pecans, even chopped dried cranberry).
- Filling the cavities of the two halves with the filling. Feel free to “heap it in”. LOL
- Sprinkle the top with any of the ingredients used already to layer in the flavor any way you want.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes. Cut each half in half. There is so much fiber in this dish, just scoop it out of the skin with a spoon or fork as you eat it, or just serve the golden apple-y contents with the skin at all.
Look in the Archives for Other Articles on resources to share with your doctor to explore your options. Many of them you can find online or at your library.